Wax / burner and candle and reed diffuser safety information

Wax melt and wax melt burner safety.

All wax melts should be placed in a wax burner after removing the wax melt packaging.  Do not add water with the wax melt.  Place the burner on a heat proof mat, and away from any draughts or curtains.  Place an un-scented tealight in your wax burner, which when it heats the wax, will fill your room with a fragrance. 

Do not touch or move the wax melt burner when lit or wax is melted.  This will be hot and will burn you and the hot wax will spill onto you or the surroundings.  Please melt away from pets and children.  If you have pets and children maybe using a electric melter on a high place would be advisable. 

 Tealight Candle safety.

Please place your tealigts in an  appropriate holder and place where there is no curtains or draughts.  Remember to place tealights on a safe area and away from chidren and pets.  Always use a candle snuffer to distinguish your tealight.  Do not blow tealights out as wax could blow onto your furnishings and could cause damage. 

Do not leave a tealight burning unattended.

Candle safety.

Please place your candle in a safe and a heat proof place area and away from children and pets.  When you first burn your candle trim your wick to 1/4 inch (5mm) this will enable the candle to burn in a safe way.  Each burn make sure you trim the wick. 

On the first burn, make sure you burn the candle to the edge of the tin, usually within 2-3 hours.  This will make sure your candle doesn't tunnel and makes your candle last longer.  Never burn more than 4 hours at a time.  If you first light the candle and the flame is too high and the wick is mushrooming.  Blow it out and trim the wick and re-light it.

Do not leave a lit candle unattended. 

When the candle has nearly finished leave at least 1/4 inch (5mm) at the bottom especially if the candle is in glass.  This stops the tin or glass getting too hot as the glass could break.  Safety is paramount when using candles. 

 

Reed diffuser's

Reed diffuser's are an alternative if you cannot have a candle burning.  These are safe to use.  Place the reed diffuser on a non- polished shelf as spillages could damage polished surfaces.  Do not spill onto furnishings as this can damage them.  Place out of reach for children and pets.  These are safe to be left as no candles needed.